Rockingham County CAC Mission and Vision
Our mission is to provide a safe environment for the evaluation of alleged child abuse for children 3 to 18 years of age. Through the collaboration of public, private, and community partners, we work to ensure the safety, health, and well being of abused children.
We are a place where children's voices are heard.
Accredited by the National Children's Alliance, the CACRC in conjunction with local police, child protection services, county attorney's office, victim advocates and mental and medical health providers seek to provide a community where children are safe and justice for victims of sexual and physical abuse can be obtained.
- We believe our multidisciplinary approach is the best way to serve the needs of children and their families impacted by child abuse.
- We will create a neutral place where interviews and services for abused children are provided.
- We will connect children and families traumatized by abuse with needed community resources.
- We will coordinate multidisciplinary teams for the child's benefit. We support our staff's professional developement.
- We will educate our community and partners to prevent child abuse.